IAustralia’s aged care system is designed to cater to the varying needs of its aging population, offering a range of services to ensure elderly individuals receive the appropriate level of care and support.
The system is broadly categorised into three main types of services:
Home Care Services
- Description: Home care services are intended for older people who need some help with daily tasks but wish to remain living in their own homes. These services are flexible and can be tailored to the individual’s needs.
- Types of Services: They include assistance with household tasks, personal care, meal preparation, transport and nursing care.
- Funding: Home care services are funded through government subsidised Home Care Packages (HCP) as well as private payment options.
Residential Aged Care Facilities
- Level of Care: These facilities offer a range of care levels, from low level care (formerly known as hostel care) to high level care (previously known as nursing home care), including dementia specific care.
- Funding: Government funding, along with personal contributions based on means testing, covers the costs of care in these facilities.
- Description: Respite care offers short term relief for caregivers, allowing them to take a break while ensuring that their loved one continues to receive care in a safe environment.
- Settings: Respite care can be provided in the home, in a day centre, or in a residential aged care facility.
- Funding: This type of care is often government subsidised and may also require a small contribution from the individual or their family.
These three main types of aged care services in Australia demonstrate the country’s commitment to providing comprehensive care for its elderly citizens.
By offering home care, residential care, and respite care options, the system ensures that individuals can choose the type of care that best suits their needs and preferences.
Facilities like Hellenic Aged Care in Perth embody this holistic approach. By providing quality care and support tailored to individual needs, Hellenic Aged Care, along with other providers across the nation, plays a pivotal role in upholding the dignity and well being of Australia’s elderly population.
Book a Tour Today!
Our friendly staff would be glad to take you through the facility. We are proud of our establishment and know that you will find what you're looking for because we truly care for each person that stays with us.
Call 9303 3877 to schedule